10 Maintenance Methods for Polished Concrete
Reputable concrete staining austin
There are a number of flooring options today. However, polished concrete has emerged to be one of the most popular options as it offers a number of benefits over other flooring types including low maintenance, durability, better indoor quality of air and low noise. Other kinds of floor such as vinyl require stripping and waxing frequently that makes maintenance costly.
trustworthy stained concrete austin tx
While it's true that polished concrete costs minimal in terms of maintenance among various flooring options, there are regular maintenance can significantly enhance the lifespan of the polished floor. Listed here is a small list of some impressive maintenance tips for maintaining durability and gloss from the concrete floor.
1. You will need to remove the dirt particles in the floor. Even though concrete surface looks completely and also smooth, the airborne dust function as an abrasive and will slowly remove the polish on the surface. Therefore, it is recommended to use microfiber pads for detaching the dirt particles otherwise these particles can ruin the shine of the concrete floor.
2. You will need to use clean water and clean mops during wet wash of the floor. This will make certain that dirt in the cleaning water doesn't act as an abrasive agent and ruin the polish on the floor.
3. It is recommended to mix a neutral floor cleaner in the water during wet mopping of the concrete floor in heavy traffic areas. Usually, those areas with high-traffic also attract large quantities of dirt meaning the probability of dirt particles sticking with the floor and serving as an abrasive representative is very high. The floor cleaning agent will help in getting gone all the dirt particles in the cleaning water easily.
4. Any spills and stains on the ground should be cleaned as quickly as possible to ensure that these aren't getting absorbed into the floor. Also, while cleaning such spills and stains, you should use a cleaner.
5. It is recommended to always use neutral cleaning materials to clean concrete floors. Any cleaning agent that includes beaches, ammonia or vinegar just isn't good for the life of concrete floors.
6. A very soft bristle brush ought to be used with auto scrubbers otherwise it might lead to degradation from the gloss and shine with the floor.
7. It is also recommended to not apply wax to the floor as it adds to the maintenance.
8. It must be cleaned on a regular basis to ensure that the dirt particles do not stick to the surface and become a big problem.
9. Repolishing of the floor should be done every 2 yrs and have a traffic areas.
10. There are a variety of concrete floor friendly maintenance products available in the market that not only clean the floors but also harden it. They are known as conditioners as these contain various compounds including calcium and silicates that offer increased protection against abrasive dirt particles.
Overall, polished concrete does not require too much maintenance since it has a very tough exterior. However, it is recommended follow the above mentioned in test to ensure the floor retains its polished search for many years to come.